SRM Flap Peening Procedure Training
1200 EUR per participant
For group training - ask for a proposal!
1 training day
Fatigue Strength Improvement by Flap Peening - During this training, the student will gain theoretical knowledge and develop practical skills to perform aircraft metallic structure Flap Peening procedure according to SRM data.
Heavy & Line maintenance personnel, Component Workshop personnel
Basic English, aviation related technical vocabulary
Course will be held in an actual maintenance facility and every student is provided with materials and tools
- Introduction to flap peening principle.
- Peening intensity, saturation point, RPM & coverage.
- Familiarization of flap peening tooling & flap peening safety.
- Understanding technical documentation requirements for flap peening procedure.
- SRM Flap peening procedure step by step implementation.
- Perform Almen test strip peening and arc height conversion.
- Determine peening intensity, saturation point, RPM & coverage.
- Flap peened area surface treatment - pre & post peening.
- Post peening maintenance data recording requirements.
Examination / Certificate
Minimum participation: 90%
Certificate of Attendance