Continuing Airworthiness unit handles continuing/daily airworthiness management. Fleet Airworthiness Controller’s duties are to control airworthiness management at the fleet center of operations and act as a liaison between customer and Continuing Airworthiness unit.
Scope of responsibilities
- Follow engineering department processes, routines, and received guidelines.
- Establish and keep good relations with Customer and act as Point of Contact.
- Responsible for performing continuing airworthiness management duties including but not limited to:
– short term maintenance planning, forecast, and issuing work packages
– deferred defect monitoring and planning
– supporting aircraft maintenance activities
– aircraft information and engineering controls entering, updating, and managing in the information management system in time-critical situations
– technical instruction documentation preparation and management in time-critical situations
– any other engineering department contracted duties in time-critical situations
- Attend routine planning and operations related meetings as required by the operator and represent the engineering department as appropriate.
- Hold an overall understanding of fleet operations and forecast.
- Provide prioritization and direction to the engineering team in Tallinn, Estonia.
- Make your own decisions and ensure that tasks and duties are completed to the Customer and Company’s satisfaction.
- Notify the Continuing Airworthiness Manager when tasks and duties cannot be completed within the allotted timescales and/or plans and when problems occur that cannot be resolved when using one’s own initiative, or when further advice is required or needed.
- Perform all other work-related duties which are arising from the essence of the job and department overall objectives as directed by the direct manager.
- Hold a university/aeronautical degree in aviation education and 5 years of experience in aviation.
- Computer literate and good typing skills.
- Proven competence for managing workload and plan resources.
- Able to coordinate engineers.
- Knowledge of general airworthiness regulations.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply regulatory requirements at the workplace.
- Availability to travel and stay away for short to medium periods at customer’s fleet bases as needed.
• Experience with local Aviation Authority regulations.
• Experience with Boeing 737NG commercial jet aircraft.
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in one of the most attractive and fast-growing global industries in the world – Aviation
- Exciting career, personal development, and networking opportunities
- A great team of diverse backgrounds
Job Location: Sydney, Brisbane, or Melbourne, depends on the candidate’s location
PS! Only suitable candidates will be contacted.